How It's Made
Our premium upholstered furniture is designed for stylish elegance, and made to last for generations. And that’s why the quality and craftsmanship that we put into each and every item is so important. No detail is overlooked, no corner is cut, and no compromise is made.
After all, when we put “Birchwood” on our furniture – such as when you lift up the seat cushions and see our embroidered name -- we’re certifying that you’re getting a special combination of lasting quality, distinct styling, premium materials and dependable service.
Here are just some of the specifications and features that set our craftsmanship apart from the ordinary:
· Frames are constructed from Kiln Dried engineered hardwood
· Frames are stapled, screwed and glued with corner blocking to maximize longevity
· Additional rails are used in the frame to increase strength
· Sinuous springs are cross braced with two flexible wires to maximize seating comfort,
· Sofas and loveseats are double sprung at the arm to prevent caving into the arm
· Back pillow and toss cushions are filled with Dacron 91 fibre
· Seat cushions are made from high-resilient foam and wrapped with high loft kodel
Our friendly and experienced team are happy to provide you with more facts on how our world class products are made, and why generations of loyal customers continue to trust the Birchwood name.
Indeed, they know as well as we do, that while it needs to look perfect on the outside, it’s what’s inside that really counts!